Zenith Gallery Presents
Re-Invigorate and Express Your Views, Thoughts and Concerns
This summer we present an exhibit titled RESIST in honor of the latest resist movements captivating the globe. We invite professional artists to submit works that interpret and reflect on the state of our world today. What has surfaced in your work, what do you need to express and protest? Have you traveled to join marches, made new connections? Whether inspiration or actual scenes – be it the Women’s March, the March for Science, Climate Change, No DAPL, Education, Air Quality, GMOs – How are these times making you feel? What is happening to our democracy and our government and the people in our city, nation and world.
Submissions Deadline: Friday, June 16, 6:00 P.M.
First Prize winner will receive $450, Second Prize, $350, and Third Prize winner will receive $250. All submitted artists will also be judged for possible permanent representation with Zenith Gallery.
- Professional artists: send 1-5 images of each work at 72dpi resolution, but please have 300 dpi available. Each artist may submit up to a total of 5 works.
- CV, Artist Statement.
- Maximum height for wall art: 48” x 48” x 3”, free standing sculpture: 50lbs
- All work submitted must be gallery ready to install (hardware on back, all artwork must be signed, dated, and labeled)
- Artist is responsible for all shipping and insurance expenses (all shipped works must contain a return shipping label) or dropping off/retrieving work within announced timeframe.
- Fee: $35 for up to 5 artworks to the Zenith Community Arts Foundation. 501 C-# Non Profit, 1429 Iris St., NW WDC 20012
- Apply online at zenithgallery.com
Zenith has established deep roots in the nation’s capital and with artists and collectors across America. Throughout our history, we’ve pushed boundaries and broken ground with an ever-changing selection of paintings, sculpture, neon, photographs, tapestries and mixed-media pieces that stimulate, engage and have profoundly enhanced our clients’ residential, corporate and public-space environments. Long at the forefront of the Washington arts scene, we seek out and feature exceptional artists
at varying stages of their careers. Many have been with us for 30 years and are now well-known and established, while others are young bright lights on the horizon. We help our clients articulate their needs based on budget, aesthetic preferences, and space ramifications of all sizes. Our main goal is to provide a service that works with the client to find art that fits the look and image they would like to convey.
Margery Goldberg is the creator, owner, and curator of Zenith Gallery, as well as the Executive director of the Zenith Community Arts Foundation, a non-profit benefiting the children of Washington DC. Since founding Zenith Gallery in 1978, Ms. Goldberg has curated 450-plus shows (including numerous traveling exhibitions as well as shows at Zenith), multiple Art League shows, and more than 100 corporate collections and projects, including major outdoor sculptures and a permanent installation at the Smithsonian Institute’s Air and Space Museum. As an artist, she has created more than 300 pieces of sculptured furniture and neon, now in private and public collections throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. Ms. Goldberg has been at the forefront of shaping DC’s art and culture and is heavily involved in her community; as executive director and founder of ZCAF, Ms. Goldberg is personally dedicated to promoting art and fostering alliances between artists, businesses, non-profits and public-sector organizations, using the transformative power of art to benefit community.
June 16: Deadline to apply
June 26: Announcement of winners
July 3: Deadline Ship-by Date
July 5-8: Hand delivered drop off timeframe (business hours are noon-5)
July 13: Opening reception
July 13-September 1: Open show
September 5: Deadline for picking up for all unsold art
Contestants will be notified via email and the winning artworks will be posted on our website zenithgallery.com
- All artwork must be original non-copyrighted works created by the artists
- Zenith Gallery reserves the right to use any; and all submitted images of artworks for promotional purposes including, but not limited to, social media, mailers, website content, and press releases. Any image used for the listed above will be properly attributed to the rightful artist.
- Zenith Gallery is not responsible for any lost, broken, or otherwise damaged artwork during the shipping, installation, opening, exhibit time, or storage. All insurance for shipping and returning is the responsibility of the artist.
- Zenith Gallery reserves the right to decline any artwork that does not comply with the theme of the show.
Where: 1429 Iris St., NW, Washington DC, 20012-1409
Exhibit on Display: Thursday July 13, - September 1, 2017
Opening Reception: Thursday, July 13, 5-8 pm
Information: Margery Goldberg, 202-783-2963 email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Gallery Hours: Wednesday- Saturday 12- 6pm, Please call for appointment for other times.
Now celebrating 39 years in the nation’s capital, Zenith is recognized for its unique mix of contemporary art
in a wide variety of media, style and subject. The gallery provides high-quality acquisition, art consulting, commissioning, appraisal and framing services, through its gallery/salon/ sculpture garden off 16th Street at
1429 Iris St NW, WDC 20012.
Zenith also curates rotating exhibits at the Eleven Sculpture Space at 1111 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, WDC 20004.